Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi is one of two new school development projects in China, initiated by Dipont Education in partnership with prestigious British school, King’s College School, Wimbledon, and highly regarded Chinese schools. Accountable to the Board of Governors, the Executive Principal has overall responsibility for the management of all personnel at Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi – ensuring harmonious and collaborative working practices throughout the campus.
Contract term: Fixed term
Contract type: Full time
- Assume overall responsibility for the management of all teaching staff and the establishment of harmonious and collaborative working practices throughout the different educational sectors within the campus.
- Provide visionary leadership for the development of the whole school into a model of high quality education within China and beyond.
- Respect the high standards achieved by the project’s partner schools: Nanjing Foreign Languages School (Nanwai) and King’s College School, Wimbledon and seek to emulate their success within the new school development project.
- Place major emphasis on the achievement of high academic standards at all levels in harmony with the established academic credentials of Nanjing Foreign Languages School and King’s College School, Wimbledon.
- Assume overall responsibility for curriculum design and delivery throughout the campus and ensure best practice in international and Chinese pedagogy is appropriately applied in all educational sectors across the campus.
- Act as line manager to all members of the Senior Leadership Team and meet with them regularly both collectively and individually to promote collaborative working throughout the campus.
- Be accountable to the Board of Governors appointed to represent the partners involved in the projects.
- Work closely with the Chinese Principal in order to respond effectively to Chinese cultural expectations and ensure all government and board requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure that the health and safety entitlement of all students and staff are met.
- Be responsible for the annual evaluation of all senior management members and to participate readily in his/her own annual evaluation as managed by the Chinese Principal on behalf of the Board of Governors.
- Foster an ongoing culture of professional development of staff throughout the campus and contribute personally towards this end where possible.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels across the campus which includes appropriate involvement of staff in decision-making.
This exciting, challenging and high-level role commands a very attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with a position of this seniority. In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits include: high quality housing, business class flights, bonus scheme and medical insurance for employee plus dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school age children. The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter.
- Significant school leadership experience
- The ability to view the campus as one entity and be highly visible and accessible in terms of his/her management style
- Excellent professional presence and sound people skills
- A passion for education and an ability to innovate and inspire
- Excellent presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of the UK educational system
- An ability to relate well to other cultures
- Ability to provide clear, concise reporting both written and verbal
- Sound financial awareness.
- Previous experience at headship level in a K-12 school
- Previous experience of working overseas (particularly in an Asian cultural setting)
- Previous experience with a new school development.
To submit an application, please apply with a CV below. For an information pack and informal discussion contact Vanessa Cumbers, Recruitment Director, on email@example.com. Early application preferred.
A start date of August 2019 is preferred, but a January 2020 start date could also be accommodated depending upon the availability of the successful applicant.