Early Years Art Teacher
Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi is seeking an Early Years Art Teacher to join its school community in Wuxi, China.
Nanwai King’s College School is one of two new school development projects in China initiated through partnership between the highly successful Dipont Education, and the prestigious King’s College School, Wimbledon. A third partner in Wuxi is Nanjing Foreign Language School, one of China’s leading schools.
We are seeking to appoint highly talented individuals for all areas of the school who can share in our ethos, enjoy working collaboratively and cross-culturally and with the passion to contribute to the development of an outstanding school.
We are building a diverse, enthusiastic and highly supportive community of teachers with a commitment to academic excellence.
We are looking for academic staff who are passionate about their subject and crucially see themselves as playing a full role in the education of students. We want teachers who care for and support every aspect of a student’s life as well as offering co-curricular opportunities for which they have a passion and who are committed to producing well- rounded graduates of whom we are proud. As the School develops, there will be many opportunities for staff to take on responsibility; promotion from within of those who are committed and talented will be a focus.
- To contribute to the establishment of a caring ethos which values all pupils
- To prepare lessons and courses, and make an appropriate contribution to curriculum development and in doing so to lead the learning and teaching in their classes
- To maintain discipline and adopt strategies with the aim of maximizing each pupil’s attainment
- To prepare pupil reports as required and ensure positive liaison with parents
- To participate in self-evaluation and staff development opportunities in response to school, department and personal needs
- Set and mark prep on a regular basis in order to enhance students’ learning
- To report on pupils’ work and to discuss pupils’ progress with their parents
- To actively contribute to the school’s co-curricular program
- To help students beyond the timetabled lessons where required, providing both consolidation and extension, and contribute to the regular department clinics.