Founding Executive Principal
Dipont Education is developing a new school in Kunshan, near Shanghai, to open in August 2020. At capacity, the school will cater for 2,800 students. Read more about the new school.
The Founding Executive Principal will commence their appointment in August 2019 to allow a year of preparation prior to the school opening.
About the role
Accountable to the Board of Governors, the Executive Principal has overall responsibility for the management of all personnel – ensuring harmonious and collaborative working practices throughout the campus.
This is achieved through:
- Visionary leadership and the effective management of a senior leadership team comprising of heads for each educational section and various pastoral, boarding and administrative staff.
- Fostering an ongoing culture of professional development for both Chinese and expatriate educators throughout the campus.
- Working closely with the Chinese Principal in order to respond effectively to Chinese cultural expectations and to ensure all government requirements are fulfilled.
This exciting, challenging and high-level role commands a very attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with a position of this seniority. In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits include: high quality housing, business class flights, bonus scheme and medical insurance for employee plus dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school-age children. The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Significant previous school leadership experience in managing large-scale schools and the vision to drive the school forward.
- The ability to view the campus as one entity and be highly visible and accessible in his/her management style.
- Excellent professional presence and well-developed people skills.
- The ability to create a team culture and to innovate and inspire.
- A passion for international educational development.
To submit an application, please send a CV/resume and covering letter via the link below. Please contact Vanessa Cumbers, Recruitment Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Final application deadline is Mar. 22, 2019, with earlier application preferred where feasible.