Director of Education, Shanghai, China
We are seeking to appoint a Director of Education, based in our Shanghai head office, who will oversee all aspects of teaching and learning in our international curricula centers, lead our curricula development, train teams and support our new school projects in an advisory capacity.
Reporting to the CEO and divisional vice presidents, the successful applicant will take overall responsibility for educational matters across the group. This very senior level role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced headteacher looking to take the next step and undertake a post with a broader remit. For someone who has prior experience in a similar role, China is an extremely exciting region to operate in.
The Director of Education, with a team of deputy directors, provides guidance to principals based in our network of schools who, in turn, directly manage over 400 teachers. Setting policies, evaluating the quality of teaching and learning, establishing new strategies to move the programs forward, and appointing teaching and leadership staff are essential aspects of the role.
In leading the curricula development and training teams, there is a real opportunity to design innovative programs that meet the needs of schools and students whilst supporting and developing both expatriate and Chinese teachers. Providing support to our executive principals in our K-12 independent schools is centred around curricula, training and quality assurance.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Headship experience in large-scale schools in at least two locations (ideally internationally)
- Operational ability to deal with a wide range of situations in various locations and the ability to advise senior leadership in schools and on a corporate level
- Personal expertise in curricula development or experience of leading curriculum specialists
- A track record in delivering high-quality professional development programs
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to innovate and inspire
- A passion for international educational development.
The role commands an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a position of this seniority. In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits include: high quality housing, business class flights, bonus scheme and dependents’ package.
The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter. The role will officially start from August 2020 but an earlier start date is also feasible depending upon the availability of the successful applicant.
Please apply online or, for further information and an informal discussion, email Vanessa Cumbers, Recruitment Director, on: email@example.com.