Teacher of A-level and/or IGCSE Physics
Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi is seeking to appoint a Teacher of A-level and/or IGCSE Physics for an August 2020 start.
Nanwai King’s aims to create a learning community that integrates the best of international and Chinese education. The school was founded through partnership between two world-leading schools – China’s Nanjing Foreign Language School and Britain’s King’s College School, Wimbledon.
The school consists of four distinct sections with a shared pedagogical approach, enabling Chinese and expatriate students to benefit from cross-cultural exposure:
- A kindergarten for pupils aged 3 to 5 years, catering for Chinese and expatriate children and offering a bilingual program based on international and Chinese curricula.
- A Chinese elementary and junior high for Chinese students in Grades 1 to 9 who will study the mandatory Chinese curriculum delivered with a modern pedagogical approach in a bilingual environment.
- An international school for expatriate students from Grades 1 to Grade 9, offering the English Key Stage curriculum leading to IGCSE.
- A high school for both Chinese and expatriate students, providing a wide range of A-level courses with the option of the IB Diploma Program being implemented later.
The international curriculum center caters for Grades 10 to 12. Grade 10 Chinese students study a foundation year of five to six IGCSE courses to support their integration into the English National Curriculum and development of English language skills. International students take the standard wider range of IGCSE courses. In Grades 11 and 12, students take A-level courses together.
What we are looking for in academic staff:
- We are seeking to appoint highly talented individuals for all areas of the school who share our ethos, enjoy working collaboratively and cross-culturally, and who have the passion to contribute to the development of an outstanding school.
- We are building a diverse, enthusiastic and highly supportive community of teachers with a commitment to academic excellence.
- We are looking for academic staff who are fully committed to the teaching process and who want to make a real difference to children’s lives.
- Every teacher has both academic and pastoral responsibilities and will be expected to contribute actively to the pastoral and co-curricular program of the school.
- As the school develops, there will be many opportunities for staff to take on responsibility – promotion from within of those who are committed and talented will be a focus.
The Teacher of A-level and/or IGCSE Physics position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including flights for spouse and dependents, medical and accident insurance for spouse and dependents, and a housing allowance.
To submit an application, please apply via ‘apply now’ below.
For enquiries, please email Oliver Knapman, recruitment manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Early application preferred.