Teacher of Kindergarten
Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Kindergarten for an August 2020 start.
Nanwai King’s aims to create a learning community that integrates the best of international and Chinese education. The school was founded through partnership between two world-leading schools – China’s Nanjing Foreign Language School and Britain’s King’s College School, Wimbledon.
The school consists of four distinct sections with a shared pedagogical approach, enabling Chinese and expatriate students to benefit from cross-cultural exposure:
- A kindergarten for pupils aged 3 to 5 years, catering for Chinese and expatriate children and offering a bilingual program based on international and Chinese curricula.
- A Chinese elementary and junior high for Chinese students in Grades 1 to 9 who will study the mandatory Chinese curriculum delivered with a modern pedagogical approach in a bilingual environment.
- An international school for expatriate students from Grades 1 to Grade 9, offering the English Key Stage curriculum leading to IGCSE.
- A high school for both Chinese and expatriate students, providing a wide range of A-level courses with the option of the IB Diploma Program being implemented later.
The kindergarten offers an open, fluid learning environment where lessons and activities are held both inside and outside of the classroom. It is a vibrant and exciting space for young learners. Classes operate in pairs for each age group with each staffed by one Chinese teacher and one international teacher with additional assistant support. This allows the teachers to support each other in planning, delivery of the curriculum and the development of each child’s English and Chinese language skills.
The open-plan design of the kindergarten allows a fluidity in delivery that is essential in an excellent early years programme. The design of the building not only supports flexible and progressive learning but also fosters a sense of real belonging to the whole kindergarten. The outdoor environment at the kindergarten is as exciting as inside. Children are encouraged to have a sense of adventure, an inquisitive mind and a pair of wellington boots, as they play, explore and collaborate utilising every inch and shaping the space within which they learn.
“If you have energy, drive and want to be part of something really dynamic, this is a school you will really enjoy. We all learn by doing, both students and staff alike. Our teaching teams are always working on something new and exciting, collaborating to improve what we have and start new initiatives. I feel extremely proud of the team’s commitment and activity and the amount of laughter heard along the way. There is always something exciting going on and it is always entertaining. What we learn with pleasure, we never forget!” Amy Loveday-Hu, Head of Kindergarten
What we are looking for in academic staff:
- We are seeking to appoint highly talented individuals for all areas of the school who share our ethos, enjoy working collaboratively and cross-culturally, and who have the passion to contribute to the development of an outstanding school.
- We are building a diverse, enthusiastic and highly supportive community of teachers with a commitment to academic excellence.
- We are looking for academic staff who are fully committed to the teaching process and who want to make a real difference to children’s lives.
- Every teacher has both academic and pastoral responsibilities and will be expected to contribute actively to the pastoral and co-curricular programs of the school.
- As the school develops, there will be many opportunities for staff to take on responsibility – promotion from within of those who are committed and talented will be a focus.
The Teacher of Kindergarten position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including flights for spouse and dependents, medical and accident insurance for spouse and dependents, and a housing allowance.
To submit an application, please apply via ‘apply now’ below.
For enquiries, please email Oliver Knapman, recruitment manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Early application preferred.