College Counselor (Chinese Bilingual)
RDFZ King’s College School Hangzhou is seeking a College Counselor (Chinese bilingual). The role will work with students in high school Grades 10-12, who are preparing to graduate and enter post-secondary educational institutions.
RDFZ King’s College School Hangzhou is one of two new school development projects in China initiated through partnership between Dipont Education, and the prestigious King’s College School, Wimbledon. A third partner in Hangzhou is The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China (RDFZ), one of China’s leading schools.
About the college counselor role
The College Counselor (Chinese Bilingual) role will help with nearly every aspect of matriculation, from recommending the best colleges for an individual to helping that person complete applications and submit financial aid forms. The college counselors may also advise students on their academic strengths and weaknesses or career choices.
Under the supervision of the director of counseling, the college counselor will coordinate all aspects of college placement and career guidance services. This includes the following:
- Meet with individual students and parents regarding post-high school placement.
- Publicize relevant information regarding post-high school placement (dates of college admissions tests, scholarships, etc.)
- Conduct college and career guidance advisory groups. Inform students and parents of college options. Provide resources so that families can make the best possible decision.
- Facilitate students’ college application processes.
- Help students identify their strengths and the relevance of these attributes to their future.
- Develop and update college counseling publications distributed to students and families. The publications should deal with all aspects of the college admissions process, financial aid, test-taking practices, and other topics.
- Serve as the case manager for each student and monitor students’ academic progress.
- Initiate parent contact when appropriate.
- Maintain detailed counseling records for designated students including college application information, scholarships applied, college acceptances and scholarships received.
- Prepare reports and analyze data on courses and credit eligibility, college acceptance statistics, and scholarships received by students.
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For an information pack and informal discussion please email Oliver Knapman, recruitment manager, on email@example.com or apply using the link below.