Director of Co-Curricular
RDFZ King’s College School Hangzhou is one of two new school development projects in China initiated through partnership between Dipont Education, and the prestigious King’s College School, Wimbledon. A third partner in Hangzhou is The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China (RDFZ), one of China’s leading schools.
About the Director of Co-Curricular role
This is a senior post and the successful candidate will be a member of the senior leadership team. The role is suitable for someone with significant experience of running a department or major activity who is looking for a wider remit possibly with leadership ambitions and a focus on the co-curricular. Currently, all pupils take part in co-curricular activities every day of the week. This involves sport, performing arts, academic extension and service. The director of co-curricular will need to be sympathetic to all aspects of the program and ensure that a suitable balance is maintained.
This exciting and challenging role commands a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including high-quality housing, flights for employee and dependents, and medical insurance for employee and dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school-age children. The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Experience of running a co-curricular program or an area or co-curricular
- Sympathy with all aspects of the CCA program
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage a diverse range of people (all teaching staff are involved)
- Evidence of achievement of high standards in a CCA field
- Experience of event management
- Awareness of health and safety implications of events both inside and outside school
- Experience of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award and/or a willingness to organize and promote its implementation
- The ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of an outstanding school.
To submit an application, please apply via ‘apply now’ below.
For an information pack and informal discussion, please email Vanessa Cumbers, Recruitment Director, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Early application preferred.