Head of Pastoral
RDFZ King’s College School Hangzhou is one of two new school development projects in China initiated through partnership between Dipont Education, and the prestigious King’s College School, Wimbledon. A third partner in Hangzhou is The High School Affiliated to Renmin University of China (RDFZ), one of China’s leading schools.
About the Head of Pastoral role
This is a senior post and the successful candidate will be a member of the senior leadership team. Currently, almost all pupils in Grade 7 and above board and boarding staff will report directly to the head of pastoral. The house system, however, extends throughout the school and is not directly linked to boarding. We are very clear about the central importance of pastoral care in which all teaching staff are involved. The role is suitable for someone with significant pastoral experience looking for a wider remit possibly with leadership ambitions and a focus on pastoral work.
This exciting and challenging role commands a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including high-quality housing, flights for employee and dependents, and medical insurance for employee and dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school-age children. The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Experience of boarding and management of pastoral care
- An awareness of boarding standards in the UK or within high-quality international schools
- Management experience
- Knowledge of a PSD (personal social development) system
- Strong organizational skills
- Awareness of the importance of health and safety
- Commitment to teaching, co-curricular and pastoral care
- Familiar with ‘house’ culture
- A formal teaching qualification and bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- The ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of an outstanding school.
To submit an application, please apply via ‘apply now’ below.
For an information pack and informal discussion, please email Vanessa Cumbers, Recruitment Director, on email@example.com. Early application preferred.