Teacher of Lower Elementary (bilingual section)
Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Lower Elementary (Grades 1, 2 and 3 in the bilingual section) for an August 2020 start.
*Due to current border closures, please note that we can only consider China-based candidates until further notice.*
Nanwai King’s aims to create a learning community that integrates the best of international and Chinese education. The school was founded through partnership between two world-leading schools – China’s Nanjing Foreign Language School and Britain’s King’s College School, Wimbledon.
The school consists of four distinct sections with a shared pedagogical approach, enabling Chinese and expatriate students to benefit from cross-cultural exposure:
- A kindergarten for pupils aged 3 to 5 years, catering for Chinese and expatriate children and offering a bilingual program based on international and Chinese curricula.
- A Chinese elementary and junior high for Chinese students in Grades 1 to 9 who will study the mandatory Chinese curriculum delivered with a modern pedagogical approach in a bilingual environment.
- An international school for expatriate students from Grades 1 to Grade 9, offering the English Key Stage curriculum leading to IGCSE.
- A high school for both Chinese and expatriate students, providing a wide range of A-level courses with the option of the IB Diploma Program being implemented later.
In the elementary and junior high school sections, students undertake the Chinese National Curriculum delivered via modern, international pedagogy with content delivered by Chinese- and English-speaking teachers to foster bilingualism as students progress. The aim is to supplement the national curriculum and to meet the needs of each child by giving a breadth of educational experience and academic depth in all areas of studies from core subjects to co-curricular activities. This paired bilingual teaching model is instrumental in ensuring high-quality educational delivery, encouraging students to explore, discover and excel.
All of our students have the opportunity to mix with students from their sister schools. This happens through our daily vertical tutor groups from Grade 6 and up, weekly vertical tutor periods for Grades 1 to 5, and through our mixed CCA activities each evening. Our pastoral coordinators promote monthly PSHE topics that are delivered through the homeroom and tutor groups – these include topics such as organizational skills, anti-bullying and healthy lifestyles.
What we are looking for in academic staff:
- We are seeking to appoint highly talented individuals for all areas of the school who share our ethos, enjoy working collaboratively and cross-culturally, and who have the passion to contribute to the development of an outstanding school.
- We are building a diverse, enthusiastic and highly supportive community of teachers with a commitment to academic excellence.
- We are looking for academic staff who are fully committed to the teaching process and who want to make a real difference to children’s lives.
- Every teacher has both academic and pastoral responsibilities and will be expected to contribute actively to the pastoral and co-curricular programs of the school.
- As the school develops, there will be many opportunities for staff to take on responsibility – promotion from within of those who are committed and talented will be a focus.
The Teacher of Lower Elementary (bilingual section) position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including flights for spouse and dependents, medical and accident insurance for spouse and dependents, and a housing allowance.
To submit an application, please apply via ‘apply now’ below.
For inquiries, please email Oliver Knapman, recruitment manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Early application preferred.