Special Educational Needs Teacher
Shanghai Huaer Collegiate School Kunshan is seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs Teacher for the current school year. While China’s borders are restricted, we can only consider candidates inside China, or with a valid residence permit.
At Huaer Collegiate, teachers are committed to whole child education and therefore, play multiple roles. They should not only be able to impart knowledge, but also be able to have heart-to-heart talks with scholars and act as their academic and life advisors. These responsibilities put forward a deeper level of requirements for teachers, such as the compatible vision for whole child, personalized education, rigorous attitude, outstanding academic ability, and love for education and children. We put these talented individuals into an open and collaborative environment and build a team of teachers that combines innovation and continuous improvement.
Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- Excellent executive, organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of consistency, reliability, and integrity
- Demonstrated interest in adolescent development and optimism for students’ ability to learn and grow
- Ability to learn and apply local Chinese educational standards as well as new technologies
- Interest in and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to thrive in highly demanding, fast-paced environments where expectations for performance are high
- Demonstrated interest in contributing to activities outside of the classroom
- Ability to collaborate, establish rapport and communicate in a Dual Language Immersion environment.