Mathematics Specialist Academic Leader (G1–8)
Dipont Education is seeking a Mathematics Specialist Academic Leader to develop the maths curricula for Grades 1 to 8 in bilingual schools.
Reporting to the deputy director of education/science subject leader, the Mathematics Specialist Academic Leader will:
- Create the Dipont maths curriculum for Grades 1 to 8 in bilingual schools
- Integrate resources and develop an implementation plan, including Dipont curriculum standards, frameworks, schemes of work, teachers’ resources packages, etc.
- Work with external advisors (Chinese National Curriculum experts) on curriculum research, and comparison and adaption
- Liaise with and support mathematics teachers in bilingual schools on updating schemes of work for different grades across Grades 1 to 8.
- Manage teaching and learning resources across bilingual schools for G1–8 mathematics
- Create a resource bank, including teaching resources, textbooks, lesson plans and professional development resources for teachers
- Monitor and assess the use of the resource bank as well as resource sharing across schools.
- Offer and guide the professional development of teachers
- Establish regular collaboration among maths coordinators/head of departments in bilingual schools
- Guide and regulate mathematics assessment in bilingual schools
- Guide and support maths-related projects and extracurricular courses
- Provide guidance on the transition from Grades 7 and 8 to Grades 9 to 12.
Candidates for the Mathematics Subject Academic Leader role should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics or a relevant subject
- Good knowledge of maths curricula, with Common Core teaching experience or Chinese national curriculum maths teaching experience favorable
- A minimum of eight years’ maths subject teaching, with teaching experience in China favorable
- Experience in a maths coordinator or head of maths role
- Good cross-cultural communication
- Teacher training experience
- The ability to work under pressure.