Early Years/Primary Specialist Academic Leader
Dipont Education is seeking an Early Years/Primary Specialist Academic Leader to develop the curriculum and support teachers in our bilingual schools.
The position of Early Years/ Primary Specialist Academic Leader K-G9 will be based in Shanghai head office and be managed by the Deputy Director K-G9 Team. There will be a requirement to regularly travel within China (and stay over at times), to work in the Dipont Independent schools.
- Understanding the nature and purpose of the Dipont Independent Schools and helping them to reflect these
- To be conscious of and support the Schools in nurturing a positive ethos with a focus on the well-being of staff and students.
- Liaising with Senior Leaders and teachers to ascertain their support and training needs
- To provide support and training throughout both KG and G1-9
- To provide support and training particularly in a team-teaching structures involving Chinese and foreign staff
- Being a member of the ongoing Quality Assurance Process in responding to observations and the monitoring of standards
- Designing and delivering high quality programmes as identified (particularly for Chinese staff working in a bilingual environment)
- Coaching and mentoring underperforming staff as identified by the Schools.
- To participate in the Dipont Teacher Training Programme
Curriculum and standards:
- Ensuring that the compulsory requirements of the Chinese National Curriculum are satisfied by each school
- Supporting the development of the Common Core and/or English National Curriculum in the independent schools
- Assessing the standards of planning, learning and teaching, to identify needs for training and to acknowledge and share best practice.
- To be involved in the recruitment of Chinese teacher trainees
- To respond to consultancy initiatives in other schools in China as required by the Director of Education
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Director of Education
Benefits of working with Dipont in China
High-quality international education: Dipont Education manages international educational programs (delivering A-level, Advanced Placement and IB Diploma Programs) and bilingual education independent schools in four locations with more locations in the future to open. We currently employ over 400 expatriate educators and have over 10,000 students on roll. Our programs are extremely well-established and highly respected for supporting students to achieve academic success and in developing skills to prepare them as thoroughly as possible for university and further study overseas.
Our students: A high number of students enter Dipont schools with the aim to study in some of the top universities in the west, and therefore teachers can enjoy working with some exceptionally motivated and academically high achieving students without the classroom management issues experienced in other teaching posts. As China settles into its role as the economic powerhouse of the 21st century, a teaching position with Dipont provides a platform to work with a generation of young Chinese talents eager to take advantage of every opportunity available to them.
Salary and benefits: Salary levels are very competitive with a benefits package that includes: accommodation allowance, annual return airfare, annual bonus and worldwide medical cover. Cost of living is very favorable and disposable income is high.