English Teacher (S1)
The role, which is offered on a two-year contract, will start in August 2022.
The English Teacher (S1) will teach the following courses:
- Senior 1 (10th Grade) high school English
You will have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in the subject area, or equivalent experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, or equivalent. Consideration will be given to teaching certificates or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of the Advanced Placement (AP) curriculum, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience, or equivalent, of working with second language learners.
- Excellent organizational and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching strategies.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
You will join a growing network of educators with a focus on collaboration, support and career development. You will engage in high-quality educational practice in one of the fastest-growing sectors globally.
In addition, you must be able to:
- Obtain a visa to work in China.
- Provide the authenticated documentation required by the school and the Chinese authorities (a list will be provided to the successful candidate).
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary levels
- Accommodation allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Annual bonus
- Worldwide medical cover
- Favorable cost of living
- High disposable income
Training and development
You will have the opportunity to transfer to other locations or programs during the course of your employment. In addition, you will benefit from internal career development opportunities, with the potential to move into curricula or center management roles. We provide workshops, support and access to external training.
About Dipont Education
Dipont Education manages international educational programs (delivering A-level, Advanced Placement and IB Diploma Programs) within some of the most highly regarded high schools in China. We currently employ over 400 expatriate educators and have more than 6,000 students on roll.
As China settles into its role as the economic powerhouse of the 21st century, a teaching position with Dipont provides a platform to work with a generation of young Chinese talent eager to take advantage of every opportunity available to them.